- iOS 6：Why I cannot save cards in the phonebook?
- Why it shows the sync failed?
- Why I cannot receive the activation mail?
- How to save the cards into the phone contacts?
- Why I cannot find my saved cards in the phonebook?
- Why failed to recognize the business card?
- I change the phone, how to transfer my cards to the new phone?
- How to avoid losing my business cards?
- What’s the difference between the full version and the lite version?
- How to export the cards in lite version to full version?
- Where are the cards stored in after sync?
- I forgot my 4-digit passcode. How do I retrieve it?
- How to set a group for the business cards?
iOS 6：Why I cannot save cards in the phonebook?
- Due to the new privacy policies from iOS 6, it will reject the three-party's app to access your iPhone contacts without your allowance. Therefore you will be asked if you allow CamCard to access your contacts for the first time you run it.
- If you need to save the cards to iPhone contacts, please enter iPhone settings -> privacy -> contacts -> find “CamCard” and turn on the option.If you don't have this need, please just do not turn on this option.Thank you!
Why it shows the sync failed?
- If you failed to sync consistently, please send the log to us, and tell us which country and city you stay, and which connection type you are using.
Why I cannot receive the activation mail?
- Sometimes the activation mail may be received in the Spam Box, please check that if you could find it in Spam Box.
- Please confirm that you input the right email address when you registered in CamCard, such as spell error.
- If you still cannot receive the activation mail, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to save the cards into the phone contacts?
- After taking photo for the card, you could choose to save the card into phone contacts in the recognition result screen. CamCard will remember your choice automatically, no need to choose it again afterwards.
- If the scanned card is not saved into the phone contacts, you could choose this card in Card Holder and click [Edit], then you could choose to save the card into phone contacts in the Editing screen.
- If you set your phone contacts to sync with Gmail, Exchange and other servers, the saved cards in CamCard will be synced with these servers, it will be the same as the contact you added manually in phone contacts.
Why I cannot find my saved cards in the phonebook?
- Please check whether you have correctly selected the account and group in the "Edit/Check Recognition Result" page, which might be something like "On my iPhone", "Gmail" or else. And then try to find the contacts in the account and group that you have chosen, or use the search bar to make a search.
- If you cannot find the contacts in the selected account and group, try to search in "All Contacts"; if you did find the contacts, that means something might go wrong with the accounts and groups during the sync or update process. Please go back to Step 1 and choose an account and a group again.
- If you still find nothing, quit the phonebook app in the background, reopen it, and then see if you can find the contacts?
- If all steps above fails, please contact us (email@example.com).
Why failed to recognize the business card?
- Photos: When you are capturing a business card, please try to fill the card to the entire screen (you don’t need to worry about the text orientation because CamCard will recognize it automatically). If the card text looks not clear enough on the screen, please tap the screen to let the camera focus.
- Lighting: A good condition of ample light will improve the accuracy of the recognition.
- Recognition Language：Please make sure you have selected the languages you need to recognize in Settings.
- If your business card still cannot be recognized, Please send the image to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you.
I change the phone, how to transfer my cards to the new phone?
- If you’re the registered user for CamCard, you could save the cards in the Cloud server. Then please use the same account to login CamCard on your new phone, the cards will be transferred to the new one.
How to avoid losing my business cards?
- With Cloud Backup and Cloud Sync in CamCard 3, your cards will be encrypted and saved in the Cloud: secure, private, and never get lost.
What’s the difference between the full version and the lite version?
- The lite version contains ads, and there is a limit of the number of cards that you can recognize; while the full version does not have any limit.
How to export the cards in lite version to full version?
- If you’re the registered user for CamCard lite version, you could save the cards in the Cloud server. Then please use the same account to login CamCard full version, the cards will be transferred to the full version.
Where are the cards stored in after sync?
I forgot my 4-digit passcode. How do I retrieve it?
- This is a security feature to protect your cards in Card Holder. There’s no way to retrieve the 4-digit passcode. It’s very important that you never forget this passcode. The only way to get around this is to delete the app and install it again. This however will delete all of your cards. If you are using our cloud sync feature, just login and all your cards will be synced to your Card Holder.
How to set a group for the business cards?
- Open [Card Holder].Tap [Edit].Select several cards, tap and hold until an indicator is displayed.Drag the indicator on to a group, and then the selected cards will be set to that group.
CamCard Cookies Notice
We use the necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
You can change your cookie settings again and find more information about cookies in our Cookies page.
Cookies Customize setting
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
We'd like to set Google Analytics or Baidu Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our 'Cookies page'.